A bigger, better chili??

I've been on a mission this fall to come up with a new chili recipe. I've been using the same two recipes for awhile, and while I love them, I was getting bored making them and wanted to try something new. So off to Pinterest I went for some ideas. And since I'm not one to follow directions, I made up the following recipe, and let me tell you ... it was so.flipping.good.

Since I'm of the belief that if you're going to make a pot of chili, you might as well make a BIG pot of chili, here is my recipe for my Turkey Enchilada Chili! The leftovers are easy to freeze and pull out for those busy nights that you're too tired to cook.

Turkey Enchilada Chili

Ingredients

  • 2 lb lean ground turkey
  • 1 30oz can of enchilada sauce (you choose the heat level)
  • 1 30oz can of tomato sauce
  • 2 chili seasoning packets
  • 1 8oz can of tomato paste
  • 1 15oz can of black beans, rinsed
  • 2 cups frozen corn

Plus your favorite chili fixings, we like: rice, cheddar cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips

Directions
1) Brown turkey in large cast iron pot. If you don't have a cast iron pot, just use whatever big pot you usually use for these sorts of things.

2) Add in enchilada sauce, tomato sauce and chili seasoning packets. Let simmer 1 hour.

3) Add in tomato paste, stir well, and let simmer another hour.

4) Add in black beans and corn, stir well and let simmer 15-20 more minutes. (This would be a good time to start your rice if that's what you're serving with it.)

VIOLA!  You're ready to eat!

Note that you can easily throw this in the crockpot for a few hours (or all day). I would just brown the turkey, transfer to a crockpot, throw in the rest of the ingredients and forget about it until you're ready to eat.

Comments