Arugula Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette

I don't know what it is about this salad, but I love it. As in, I've been eating it with meals a few times a week for the last few weeks. I love that it's simple, easy to make and refreshing. And when you're in the doldrums of winter, sometimes you need something that reminds you of warm weather and sunshine. This salad does that for me.

Salad Ingredients
  • baby arugula
  • baby spinach (optional)
  • shaved parmesan
  • croutons (optional)
  • lemon vinaigrette 
    • 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil ... the good stuff
    • 1/4 cup lemon juice ... fresh is better, but bottled will do
    • 1 tsp thyme
    • 1 tsp basil
    • 1/4 tsp garlic
    • 1/4 tsp black pepper
    • 1/4 tsp salt
    • 1/4 tsp sugar ... yes, sugar
Directions
  1. Put all of your lemon vinaigrette ingredients in a mason jar (or salad dressing bottle if you're fancy like that) and shake to mix together. Set aside.
  2. Mix together arugula and spinach (I use a 4 to 1 arugula/spinach ratio if I'm using both)
  3. Sprinkle with parmesan, croutons and vinaigrette. Toss lightly. Serve alongside anything!

Comments