Instant Pot Chicken Pad Thai


I'm all about kitchen gadgets, and am beyond thrilled that I now live in a space where all my kitchen gadgets are actually in the kitchen. But I was honestly skeptical about the instant pot. A good friend (that's you Meg!) gave us her old instant pot because she loved it so much that she was upgrading. So I decided to try 1 instant pot recipe a week for a month to see if I actually liked it. It was rough at first, and I declared the gadget useless and stupid, until ... instant pot chicken pad thai. True to form, I looked up a few recipes online before taking bits and pieces from different ones and coming up with this one. Enjoy!

Ingredients

  • olive oil
  • 2 chicken breasts (or 1 large one from Wagner's), cut into small bite-size pieces
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce (I like low-sodium, but you do you)
  • 1/2 cup jarred pad thai sauce (I had to search for this a bit, so maybe just order from Amazon Pantry)
  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • 7 oz rice noodles (half a packet)
  • 2 cups grated carrots
  • 2 cups chopped baby bok choy
  • 4 green onions, chopped
  • 1/4 cup chopped peanuts, divided in two

Ingredients

  1. Add olive oil and chicken to the bottom of your instant pot, and sprinkle the garlic on top.
  2. Pour the soy sauce, pad thai sauce and water over everything. 
  3. Place the rice noodles on top (they'll float a little)
  4. Set to pressure cook on high for 2 minutes. (Yes, you read that right, 2 minutes. But remember that it will take about 10-12 minutes for it to come to temperature).
  5. When complete, turn your instant pot off and do a quick release of the steam before opening the lid.
  6. Add in the carrots, bok choy and half of your peanuts and toss to mix everything together. 
  7. Place the lid back on and let it sit for 5-ish minutes.
  8. Then top with your green onions and the other half of your peanuts, and you're ready!

Comments