Yummy crockpot chicken curry (courtesy Kim Keating)

I have my first guest blogger! Does that mean I've graduated to the next step of food blogging? I actually doubt that, but regardless it's fun to have my good friend Kim Keating send this over to me to share with everyone. As a bonus, this is paleo and whole30 friendly. Enjoy!

INGREDIENTS

  • 2lbs chicken breast, trimmed and cut into bit size pieces
  • 1 large onion, diced
  • 2 Tbsp ginger root, minced
  • 4 large garlic cloves, minced
  • 6 oz can tomato paste
  • 13.5 oz can full fat coconut milk
  • 1 Tbsp curry powder
  • 1 tsp garam masala (you can omit if you don't have it)
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 1 tsp turmeric
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon (I'm not sure this is needed but I haven't made it without it yet...)
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper
  • 1/8-1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (based on how spicy you like)
  • 10 cardamom pods sewn together or in a cheese cloth satchel (you can omit if feeling lazy)
DIRECTIONS
  1. Mix all ingredients in crockpot, and set to low for 6-8 hours. 
  2. Remove cardamom. 
  3. Add a little lemon juice if you like a little tang.
  4. Enjoy with roast cauliflower or broccoli. 

Comments