Pecan Cookie Things a la Courtney

Every holiday season, Scott and I anxiously await our package of goodies from Courtney and the C Square Farm crew. One year we got these "pecan cookie things" and they were so good that I had to ask for the recipe. In true chef fashion, Courtney sent me very vague directions, but I made sure to actually measure for this last batch I made so that I could add it to this blog. So here goes ...

INGREDIENTS

  • 2 cups chopped pecans
  • 1.5 sticks of butter
  • 2 tablespoons whipping cream
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons vanilla
  • 2 packets graham crackers
  • salt 
DIRECTIONS
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Put pecans on baking sheet and lightly toast for 2-4 minutes (do not let them burn!)
  3. In a medium saucepan, start to melt the butter over medium-high heat. When it's almost completely melted, add in the whipping cream and brown sugar. Stir until boiling
  4. Take off heat and stir in vanilla and then pecans.
  5. On that same cookie sheet, lay down a sheet of parchment paper (PARCHMENT paper, not wax paper ... learn from my amateur baker mistakes people!).
  6. Put down a layer of graham crackers and spread your pecan goop over it.
  7. Bake for 10 minutes.
  8. Take out of oven and put a dusting of salt over them. Let cool. Cut and try not to eat them all in one sitting.

Comments